Wednesday, February 18, 2009

So cute yet sad

As many of you might know my little family all has bronchitis right now. Well my 3 and half month old is definitely taking the brunt of it as it is pretty tough on such a little one. The other day I had gotten back from my first day back at work (spreading the joy or possibly the sickness), and went in and downstairs to see how everyone was doing. Well Amanda was stressed out from teh kids and had put down our daughter on her mat to play. She was crying and although it was the saddest cry I have ever heard during my time on earth it was also one of the cutest cries I think I could ever hear at the same time. It was almost like she conveyed this message clearly across as I heard her cry.
It said something like, "I didn't know life would be this tough or that I could ever feel so sick. I don't really know if anything will make me feel better at this time but I just don't want to be alone. Please just hold me and love me, and make all of this go away."
I don't think I will ever forget the sound of her cries at that time. She was adorable and vunerable all at once. It was the one time I feared I would have to live through where I know what one of my family members wants but I am unable to just give it to them. I more fully understand what the Lord goes through each day as many times we ask for things he could give us and he has reasons why he can't always give us everything we ask for.

2 comments:

benniegirl said...

that was really sweet. it's cool that you could understand her cry. i hope everybody gets feeling better FAST!

jimi said...

Oh, I feel so bad for Greysea and for you. I hope everyone feels 100% soon. Love ya.