Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My son's new love-Money.

I gave my son one of my old wallets so he could have something special to keep his money in like his dad does. I gave him a dollar and a nice new shiny quarter so if he tried to eat it he hopefully wouldn't be able to swallow it, and if he did it would be really reflective if we needed to shine a flashlight down his throat.
He loved the wallet he would pull open the velcro, unfold it and pull out his dollar like he was ready to purchase the world and still get some change back.
For days he did this he would open the wallet pull the money out and shake it around to show us if he wanted to could order off of any dollar menu in the world, and as soon as we would get it back into his wallet he would be excited to show us again he knew how to get his money out faster then the investors in Chase bank. Well I went to give my wife $30 dollars in case she needed to take our daughter into the doctors she didn't have her purse downstairs so she said oh I can just put it in the boys wallet and we'll easily be able to find that as he'll never let that out of his sight. So I put it in and this miracle happened to my boy as soon as he saw me holding his wallet he ran over and took it from me he opened it up and saw that his money had grown, and his investments were already starting to pay off. He slid out the money to see the fancy designs and was super happy. It was so cute to see how happy having this money in his possession made him feel.
The next day I got home from work and my wife tells me he was so bad today. I ask what happened and she says I went to take some money out of his wallet to buy some stuff and he got all mad and yelled and said my moneyand didn't want me to use it on things I wanted when we were at the store. So I had to give him a time out to get him to settle down a bit. I had to ask my her it just like this, "So you took money out of his wallet to buy some things you wanted, he didn't want his money spent on those items and got upset, and for it you punished him with a time out is that correct?" She replied that is correct and I said come here son, now you really are like dad mom spends all my money and then I get punished as well. It was one of those rare times that he actually laughs at my jokes, then he hugged me and pulled his $1 to show me, at least she didn't get a chance to spend it all.

1 comment:

benniegirl said...

it sounds like it's about time for the kid to get a job. no more freebies.