I am sitting at my desk listening to two of my co-workers talk about sports (one thing I find almost useless). Well one of the guys says listen this players dad is a 6 time world kickboxing champion so he knows how to fight.
I would have to say this is one of the stupidest things I have heard in a long time.
I have never said to one of my friends hey your dad is a carpenter so you know how to build a house, or hey your dad is pilot so you know how to fly, or heaven forbid I have never said hey your dad is a doctor so you know how to do open heart surgery.
I can just imagine if you tried to use this same logic, how dumb you would really look. Imagine yourself in a restaurant when some lady at the table next to your starts going into painful labor (after she insisted she try the eggplant parmesian) you jump up and say hey are there any doctors here, no reply, okay are there any children of doctors with us today? To which I would hope someone would throw a shoe right at your head.
The farthest I think that you should go to say a child is like the parent is saying oh wow your daughters eyes are just as beautiful as yours are. Or I can now see where your daughter got all her curves from. Maybe even humoring her enough to say some other type of slight pickup/flirt/compliment that women eat up but other than that don't say your moms is stripper so that means you must be used to leather skirts and drunk men. It just isn't a very smart way to link two things together.
Unless to you caffeine free diet dr pepper and raw breaded chicken strips have some strangely absurd correlation.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i was totally following you but i got to the end and now you're just making me hungry.
Your mom USED to be a stripper. . .
OK - the quilting stripper.
Post a Comment