My son loves to read books. If we would continue to read books all night he would be in heaven. He loves when we read him stories, usually we finish the book and he says again. You'd think after you finish the third time and he waould say again and it would be less enthusiastic but each time you finish and he gets to say again he get more and more excited.
But I started thinking oh when I was young I liked books, I enjoyed reading. Man I really hate reading, I can't even think the last I bought a book for myself. I can think of the last time I bought a book for my son and my wife and may I say now that there is a movie out for her book so it continues to prove if I wait long enough they will make a movie about every book I might ever read or comic book I might have read.
The biggest problem I have is as I go to think about how I hate reading maybe it is because I used to love it when I was younger.
I made a list of things I used to love when I was younger they include: running, riding my bike everywheres, watching sports, reading, getting out of the house all the time, skipping church, etc.
Sure enough as I am now older I am completely the opposite, I hate running, what just a bike life would suck without the good old V8 to throw money into, there are so much better things to watch then overpaid athletes, reading give me a break I do enough mind reading at owrk with my co-workers, now I hardly liek to leave the house when I am free from work I want to be home where I feel safe and peaceful, I feel too guilty if I ever miss a meeting, etc.
So I come to this conclusion that maybe in some sick twisted way if I can get my kid to hate all these good things while he is young then he will grow up to love all the good things as he gets older.
Now to make him hate taking baths, reading, running, vegetables, and church, after all I am doing this for his own good right?
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
well, i used to hate running but i love it now so you never know...
Post a Comment