On New Years eve I got out of work and I went to pick up some Smashburgers on the way home from work.
First of all I want to say that they are one of the best places I have ever eaten. The people are really friendly and personable and secondly their food is awesome. I normally get the classic smashburgers in the half pound with the smash fries as a side that have a light coating of olive oil with thyme, rosemary and sea salt on them.
So I get there order them and had been sitting down for about 5 minutes when one of the kids comes out and says Victor I am sorry they are going to be slightly longer than normal they started to make 1/3 lb burgers for your order instead of half pound burgers. Its only 3 in the afternoon and I am in no rush and I said oh no worries. Thanks for catching the mistake. Well when they go bring me the burgers for the house, they gave me two coupons for free sandwiches. It was an awesome bonus. That night my wife ordered some food from Chilis, and we went out to the other smashburger to grab a couple more burgers before the new year when we were going meat free again. when we got home and ate it was awesome. I never felt so full in all my life. I ate ribs from chilis with the chipotle honey rub that were perfect. I had the smashed potatoe with bacon on top, I ate a chicken smashburger and I ate another regular smashburger and to top it off, I drank I giant Dr. Pepper. I put in my belly about 8 pounds of food that day and about 6 pounds of soda.
The worst thing about going vegetarian is is not going into smashburger. It is so unlike most of the places you eat where the food is good but the service sucks or the service is great because they know their food sucks.
I might make an exception quarterly instead of waiting clear until my anniversary to go out and get a nice little treat.
It was a really nice idea of my wife to get some ribs. That is the kind of surprise I could handle all the time.
Monday, January 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment